Friday, April 11, 2008

Wikkis

Finally something I actually have not only heard of but already used. But then I suppose most of us will have used the famous Wikipedia website at one time.

The article on Wikipedia was interesting, I had heard myself that information found there can be innacurate due to anyone been able to make changes or additions. However according to the article a high percentage of information on the website is accurate.

Apart from Wikipedia I have already used wikkis through my distance education course at University. The Library at Charles Sturt Uni has wikkis on their website and it's a great use of wikkis because they have the lates news, links, updates and new items available. I think all Libraries could make similar use for Wikkis, we could advertise upcoming events, new books etc.

There were some interesting Wikkis online, I got slightly sidetracked by a Buffy one, found that one by accident, an hour later I remembered I was supposed to be doing LIbrary Learning 2.0

1 comment:

miztres said...

*hee hee Buffy hee hee*

I reckon some sort of library wiki with book recomendations and customer comments would be great on the OPAC (or WebOPAC). So many of our patrons are already placing holds and checking the catalogue at home it would be a short hop to an interactive notice board based on a wiki I think.